World Champ


Tinker Juarez has raced for most of his forty-nine years. With his fiftieth birthday just around the corner, the BMX and mountain bike legend has finally earned his rainbow stripes, with a commanding victory in the UCI Masters World Championships (45-49 category).

Tinker flew after the start of the race, clocking a course-record 17:48 first lap. Five laps and 1h42min14s later, Tinker bunny-hopped over the finish line, over three minutes clear of second-placed Jean-Paul Stefan of France.

"It's incredible, but even after all this time I still get nervous on the eve of a race. I thank God for this title. I started in front and tried to keep the lead because I was worried about the rain, because I'm not so technical on the wet track and things get complicated," said Tinker after the race.

Congratulations, Tinker! Everyone at Cannondale is very proud of your title!